Friday 24 August 2018

Oh yes .... more Postcards

Good Friday morning to you all ... doing the happy dance cause it's Friday.  That's mostly in my head ... lol.  Anyways, I haven't be typing much cause I've been stitching.  So this morning I have a couple of postcards to show you.  My hairdresser requested a special card for a wedding she is attending and wanted something that the bride and groom could keep and frame (hopefully).  So I  made a couple for her to choose from.  The first one I made was with my new shibori pleated silk I ordered on line and I love the ripple effects and the way it drapes across the card.  The pretty floral motif was from RavioleeDreams on Etsy.  I mounted on a piece of textured cotton that was up cycled from a blouse, which I dyed dark yellow.  The very tiny purple dragonfly came off a pair of earrings from a yard sale.  Ta Da .....
 
 
The next one was almost all up cycled from treasures I got at my local thrift store.  The first layer is a piece of white on white printed cotton, which was followed my a dyed doily, then a piece of white lace motif from a collar which I had stitched the centers of the two flowers.  The finishing touch is a piece of junk jewelry (brooch) that I cut the back pin off of and hand stitched it on.
 
 
Next week I'll get busy uploading my Silk Ribbon Embroidery assignments from Kathy Shaw's classes.  Hope you all have a  wonderful weekend.
 
 
 





1 comment:

  1. I expect your hairdresser will have a hard time choosing!

    ReplyDelete

"Autumn" is the name of this pretty Heritage Keepsake Journal

Some time back in the summer I purchased this pretty Keepsake Journal kit from Georgeanne on the Facebook group page called "Damsels in...