Monday 13 July 2020

My Tattered Lace / Postcard Journal

Finally, today is the day I'm going to show case my tattered textile journal.  This journey started a couple of years ago when I became interested in and making textile postcards.  I had a group of postcards that I wanted to show case in a fabric journal.  I came across a wonderful textile artist, Suzy Quaife from Australia, who offered an online course showing how to create a journal using fabrics and lace.   I knew right away this was the direction I wanted to go with this.  I hope you enjoy viewing what I really enjoyed creating.


My most favorite postcard made the cover.  Bits of lace, buttons, beads and a vintage quill  tip found in a bottle of buttons at the thrift store.  Many of the fabrics and doilies I purchased from the thrift store, too.

















This beautiful card was a gift from a very creative lady, also from Australia.  Lorraine Williams was happy to oblige me with a card exchange when I approached her on FB after spying some of her beautiful cards.  She creates the most beautiful pieces of work up cycling discarded vintage linens and doilies.










                                                              







A postcard made with dried wheat growing wild along my daughters lane.

And a pocket made from an embroidered line napkin, filled with tags. 
















Sorry about the image of this postcard, it has a very fluffy feather stitched to it with a brass fairy charm at the base.  All stitched on a pretty batik fabric.

Opposite is a lovely stamped card which I layered with some silk.  The two stamped cards were made by Suzy Quaife.

Here amazing work can be found on her blog:





 


Well, blogger's new format is giving me grief so I gave up commenting with each image.  I mostly wanted to acknowledge the added pieces from Suzy Quaife and Lorraine Williams.  Their art inspired me to create this keepsake journal.  
Thank you ladies.
*****

Thank you friends for stopping by and having a look at my Tattered Lace/Postcard Journal.

Have a lovely day,
*****







7 comments:

  1. WOW Helen I just popped over from facebook after reading your post!
    What a very beautiful fabric and lace book you have created here! Such dedication!
    I love how you have arranged your pages with all of your added lace and linen pieces stitched so nicely everywhere! I loved that you used many of the cards that I have sent you and I so appreciate your acknowledgement of my artwork. So many thanks dear Helen,
    Hugs to you dear!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzy ... thank you for your kind remarks. I just figured out where the reply was for the comments. Sorry for the delay.

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful! I enjoyed seeing it in person even more. Happy creating, dear sister!!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful and even more so in person! Happy creating, dear sister.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear sister :) My biggest fan, love ya!!

      Delete

"Autumn" is the name of this pretty Heritage Keepsake Journal

Some time back in the summer I purchased this pretty Keepsake Journal kit from Georgeanne on the Facebook group page called "Damsels in...