Monday 27 August 2018

Stitchen" Time

My friends often ask me how on earth I manage to get so much sewing done each week, so I thought I'd share my secret.  Every weekend, after working a 40 hour week out, I need an afternoon to tackle my laundry.  Now, my washer and dryer happen to be down in the basement....not too far from my sewing room;) and being that I have a very bad left ankle, with much hardware in it, I can't being going up and down those stairs between loads....therefore, I hunker down in the sewing room for however long it takes to get the laundry done.  I get great fun in telling DH I'm heading down to do laundry, lol

Well yesterday was no different than any other weekend and here are the proceeds of my efforts .... more postcards:) of the Vintage/Shabby Chic style.   I just couldn't stop making these and would have made more, but alas, ran out of time!  Enjoy.

PS:  My inspiration for these came from a single embroidered hankie which appears in three out of four of these cards.




 

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! And what a wonderful use for a hankie that otherwise would be tucked away.

    ReplyDelete

"Autumn" is the name of this pretty Heritage Keepsake Journal

Some time back in the summer I purchased this pretty Keepsake Journal kit from Georgeanne on the Facebook group page called "Damsels in...