Monday 11 January 2021

Christmas Past

Hello again,

A little bit of slow stitching took place back in December and a textile book emerged from my efforts.  This project made it's way down to my mother for Christmas where I hope she finds some joy from it.


It was inspired by a tutorial I watched on You Tube.  Anne Brooke was sharing the construction

of a slow stitch book, made from bits and bobs of fabrics and notions.  She has many little projects

she shares with her followers, so if you get a chance, pop on over to her channel and have a look.


So I took her idea and created this...


A fabric slow stitched textured book made with all sorts of fabrics, trims and notions.  Even some pieces of my mom's wedding gown as seen on the front cover.


The cover is edged with cotton fringe and crotchet trim and tied with a hand dyed silk ribbon.


The pages within are couched with fuzzy ivory yarn to add to the texture of the book, resulting in a very soft edging.


A pretty charm dangles from the spine.

And even the back adorns a collage of pretty fabric, notions, buttons, and lace motifs.

A flip thru of the pages on this little video:




A image of my father in his younger days 
tucked into a pocket
here.

And my mom and us all at his funeral
tucked into the back pocket.





Many thanks for stopping by 
and
I hope you enjoyed this post
today.

*******************

































2 comments:

"Autumn" is the name of this pretty Heritage Keepsake Journal

Some time back in the summer I purchased this pretty Keepsake Journal kit from Georgeanne on the Facebook group page called "Damsels in...