Tuesday 24 April 2018

Nearing the end ....

This ole project is coming to an end.  This will be my last post on it's progress until it's finished. So here are some of the stitches I've done this past weekend ....

 
So, I started with this vine.  I new I wanted some flowers on it but really didn't want to do roses again so I made up a flower by stitching a bullion stitch then a ribbon petal on each side.





I felt I needed to add a little bit of the color rust so I made some French knots around the bottom and I think it helps to anchor the  whole vine.  What do you think?  Love to have some feedback.
 
 
Found this pretty green/brown butterfly in my lace stash and thought it fit nicely in this bottom left corner.
 
 
I'm presently working in the top right corner, beaded the scalloped edging and a few scattered silk flowers with a bead in the center.  I am thinking of  chain stitching the leaves in a medium brown to make this corner pop. 
 
 
So here we go with the buttons again, they aren't stitched down yet.  I have done several arrangements and take pictures to see how they look.  So we will see in the end which one works the best.
 
 
And this is the overall look ... a bit blurry but you get the idea.
 
Hopefully, it will be finished by the end of April and I am already planning my next project.
 
Coming up in May is a Crazy Quilted Boho Bag
 
 



















No comments:

Post a Comment

"Autumn" is the name of this pretty Heritage Keepsake Journal

Some time back in the summer I purchased this pretty Keepsake Journal kit from Georgeanne on the Facebook group page called "Damsels in...