Friday 13 April 2018

Coffee Peaches and Cream



 





I signed up on a Facebook group page to participate in a CQ block sew along which was assigned as a tonal block called Coffee and Cream.  Basically, different shades and tones of browns and creams.  I really wanted to add my little bird embroidery I did this past winter so I am calling it Coffee Peaches and Cream.  So this is the base block.....and as you can see there is a few peach colored flowers in the embroidery.  I used a black embroidered piece of a collar that I got from a blouse at the thrift store and I think it adds a nice pop of black to frame in the embroidery.  I also layered a piece of black lace on the fabric in the lower left corner and a piece of a sheer embroidered pale peach in the top right corner.  I really like the scalloped edge on this piece and might do some bead work on there later on.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Autumn" is the name of this pretty Heritage Keepsake Journal

Some time back in the summer I purchased this pretty Keepsake Journal kit from Georgeanne on the Facebook group page called "Damsels in...